Saturday, April 28, 2012

A Girl Would Have Gotten That on Her First Try

ALRIGHT!

I must immediatly qualify this statement...

All I'm saying is that sometimes, it is nessicary to have a girl look at the problems of men.
In this instance, take the main events of today's 5h55m of the BTC portion of my internship.

So, we have a fleur-de-lis chair for Illyria that these two 8th grade boys are setting up. And it's a legit chair, complete with allen wrench *included*. Keep in mind that these two boys are very, very smart. They do know what they're doing. But, eventually, they run into a problem...
The cussion on the chair won't fit into the chair.
At first, I was very ammused at watching them try to solve this conundrum. For all you men out there, the answer is simply to turn the thing so the narrow end goes in first and rotate it until it is at the correct orentation Now, one boy gets called away to do something else and we're left with the wirey one. I walk over to him and say "Alex*, --put it in sideways first and then turn it."
Oh, Alex...

Aside from that, today wasn't that exciting. I assembled the sofa. Well, its more of a sofa for garden gnomes. Its soooo small! All I really had to do was attach the legs. Clean up from the chair and garden-gnome loveseat affair was...challenging

I really don't have any confidence in the shipping industry. I swear, it was three individual boxes broken down and constructed into one super-box (duh-dun-na-dun!) So, as one might imagine, there was enough tape to do something that takes a lot of tape. Yea, I've got swag. And moves like Jagger. The mo-oo-oo-oves like Jagger. AND THEN, there was the styrofoam. COULD THIS BE ANY WORSE FOR THE ENVIROMENT?...at least the reused the boxes to make more boxes, but I think the tape cancels that out. So, yeah, I broke down everything to either be recycled or thrown out and then it was time for the fun of sweeping up the little beads of styrofoam that broke off when I had to break them so they'd fit in the garbage bag.

Hmmm, I bleached my hair this morning.
I guess blondes really do do it better ;)

*Names have been changed to protect the identy of males

No comments:

Post a Comment