Monday, May 28, 2012

Externship, Week 2

      On Sunday, Broadway Training Center had their end of year recital. I helped them with their load in from our studio in Hastings-on-Hudson to the Irvington Town Hall Theatre. During the recital, I mostly observed, and performed in my Advanved Acting/Improv piece and my Modern Dance piece. After the recital was over, I helped them take their things out of the theatre (strike). Then I cried because it was the end of my last year as a student there as a “child”.  (They do offer adult classes and I plan to take them later.)
      On Monday, I did the first four levels of the conservation campaign in one of my favorite computer games, Zoo Tycoon. I unlocked the Red Panda and Ring-Tailed Lemurs! Then I got really bored and texted my friend , Clara, who is in 7th grade at the middle school. We met in BTC and she is like my sister (we look like it could be true!). Sadly, she’s moving to Boston in the end of July. Durning and after that, I watched the series finale of House. It was good!
      On Tuesday, I woke up early, because I had a relief from my boredom. I took the 39 Bee-Line bus to Central Park Ave, and transferred on to the 20 witch runs up and down Central. I got off in Scarsdale and took a Beginner Ballet class. I enjoyed it a lot.
    On Wednesday, was going to go to the ballet class again, but I slept through my alarm. I emailed Bryan (the Emelin supervisor). Then I played another one of my favorite computer games, The Sims 3. I got bored quickly, and ate lunch with my mom who works from home. Then I got the email with this document and did the interview with Jason (BTC supervisor), and filled out the rest of this sheet.
    Thursday consisted of a whopping two ballet classes, one at 9:15a and another at 8:30p. Between those, I went to Petco and got a stupid goldfish and two hermit crabs.
    On Friday, I went to Panera with my social worker. When I came home, I discovered thatm Bryan from Emelin got back to me and so I have a schedule for the rest of the externship J
    On Saturday, my friend Clara came over and we swam in our pool and it was fun. Then three of my other friends came over and we made a scrapbook to send to Mr. Baird.
And that’s my second week. Oh so productive.      Jason comes off as a warm and friendly person. In his case, this is really who he is. I’d say that he is very successful because he changes the lives of his students, myself included. For example, from Feburary 2011 to Febuary 2012, as you may know, I had a very hard time controlling my depression and was in a psychiatric unit four times. During this time, he was always there for me. In August, he literally saved my life. Part of the reason I was able to get in in control in just one year was because he was around for me to talk to. He’s also really on top of what he does, because he has to be because he is always doing many projects at once. In September, for the past couple of years, he has not only directed our show, but the opening and closing ceremonies of the US Open (tennis, not golf) I know that Jason feels fulfilled with his work because like he says, he really does like working with the students. I’ve taken classes with him for the past 5 years and you can really see the enthusiasm in his eyes. He really does love what he does. It seems to me that he has a near perfect life.
     Bryan is a different story. He comes off as a bit scary because he is a large man and has a beard and a long pony tail, making him look rather unkempt. Inside, though, he’s very nice, but flaky, as we now know. I don’t think he’s fulfilled at Emelin because he’s done a lot of things at higher levels (see week 1’s log) and is underemployed. Perhaps because he is flaky.

No comments:

Post a Comment