Thursday, May 3, 2012

The Kids Are All Right

The key words in that are "all right." 

Not great, or even good. Not bad or extremely suckish either.

This is pretty much how our show is going. 

I really wish that we didn't have to stop every five or so minutes. Of course, there are exceptions for this. Like, thank god, the leads. I'm so glad that the kids playing Olivia, Viola, Sebastian, Orsino, Malvolio, Maria, Feste, and Toby are doing well. Not that everyone else sucks. I hold to it that they are doing all right. And I have to hand it to them that this is not an easy show considering that they are 4th-8th graders (Viola is in 9th). We've often been called "mini-professionals" (because of the average height of about 4'11" among the troupe) by new choreographers or pit members or other people we bring in (who are all working professionals). I know I shouldn't complain that much about them because I do know that they are doing their best (with one or two exceptions), but the chances that a 6th grader in the cast will just happen to find this blog with a crazy (at present) URL (I am going to change it), I think, are pretty slim (shady).  

But I wouldn't put it past them, so as a disclaimer...

I love you all so much, and you know that! You are my bestest friends ever! Sometimes, I just need to let it out...you guys let it out to me a lot and this isn't the kind of thing I can let out to you, so I send it here. I hope you don't hate me...


Any way, to all you non-BTCers out there, that is all...
Thanks for reading my rant.

No comments:

Post a Comment