Friday, May 4, 2012

And Strech...Do You Feel the Tension?

Issues With Other Crew Members

I think we've all dealt with it...when you and a co-worker are running into issues. Now, the certain crew member I'm dealing with at the moment will be called Shirley, but that is surely not her name.
Now, I started working backstage in March 2009. Its kind of like sex-the first few times, you learn as you go. Very rarely is it that someone is good their first time. So you have to listen to people so you know how to do what they need. Shirley's first time was last November (2011), and she's still new to the whole thing. But I'd of thought she'd at least know the very basics...like that your phone needs to be off--not on vibrate, but off.  And that it is not my responsibility to know where she is supposed to put the set piece that she is in charge of. The spikes were there and everything. She should have know. Shirley's a bit agitated, too, at the fact that because I have the seniority and experience, get to be in charge of things like turning on the hazer or dropping the scrim when the time comes. I think it's the headset. I mean, the first time I did tech it was because I wanted to wear the headset (and fell in love with it). When I drop the scrim or turn on the hazer, I need to be on the headset.  

Freud would say that its...Headset Envy.

Meh.


Over and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment